Tuesday, May 19, 2009

con respecto a Domingo

Sunday. A good day as always. Starts with a morning walk with Big Stuff and we almost always meet up with David Sipos to stroll around the park and discuss things trivial and profound. Okay, trivial.

The discussion of the 17th, concerned fidelity of movies to the book that sired them.
We allowed that "To Kill a Mockimgbird" was very faithful ("I was to be a ham.") and David offered that, except for the very last scene, so was the "The Grapes of Wrath".

My counter-example was one that disturbed me, which is ironic because the movie in question is one of the most disturbing I've seen. Now, the progenitor was a film, not a book, but the change of the ending, changed a seriously disturbing film, "The Vanishing" from Holland or some other Scandanavian country into Hollywood's "The Vanishing", in which the ending completely negated the original's ending. (I've been Disneyfied!)

Later we went to see the new "Star Trek" in IMAX and I was to be a ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment